Audio editing for this episode done by Andrew Pfannkuche.
Previous Harrison Podcast Episodes referenced in this episode include:
- 015 – The 1840 Presidential Debate
- 025 – The Colombian Mission
- 026 – The Case of Harrison v Despotism
Other sources used for this episode include:
- Ammon, Harry. James Monroe: The Quest for National Identity. Charlottesville, VA and London: University Press of Virginia, 1999 .
- Arana, Marie. Bolivar: The Epic Life of the Man Who Liberated South America. London: Phoenix, 2014 .
- Beauvois, Frédérique. “L’indemnité de Saint-Domingue: << Dette d’indépendance >> ou <<rançon de l’esclavage>>?” French Colonial History. 10  109-124.
- Blackburn, Robin. “Haiti, Slavery, and the Age of the Democratic Revolution.” William and Mary Quarterly. 3rd Series, 63:4 (October 2006) 643-674.
- Bourne, Kenneth. Britain and the Balance of Power in North America, 1815-1908. Berkeley, CA and Los Angeles, CA: University of California Press, 1967.
- Elliott, J H. Empires of the Atlantic World: Britain and Spain in America, 1492-1830. New Haven, CT and London: Yale University Press, 2007 .
- Esdaile, Charles. Napoleon’s Wars: An International History. New York: Penguin, 2009 .
- Hargreaves, Mary W M. The Presidency of John Quincy Adams. Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 1985.
- Hopkins, James F, ed. The Papers of Henry Clay, Volume 4: Secretary of State, 1825. Lexington, KY: The University Press of Kentucky, 1972.
- Hopkins, James F; and Mary W M Hargreaves, eds. The Papers of Henry Clay, Volume 5: Secretary of State, 1826. Lexington, KY: The University Press of Kentucky, 1973.
- Landry, Jerry. Harrison Podcast. 2017. http://whhpodcast.blubrry.com.
- Malone, Dumas. Jefferson the President, First Term, 1801-1805: Jefferson and His Time, Volume Four. Boston: Little, Brown and Co, 1970.
- Meacham, Jon. Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power. New York: Random House, 2012.
- Munro, Dana. The Five Republics of Central America: Their Political and Economic Development and Their Relations With the United States. David Kinley, ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1918.
- Niven, John. Martin Van Buren: The Romantic Age of American Politics. Newtown, CT: American Political Biography Press, 2012 .
- Remini, Robert V. Henry Clay: Statesman for the Union. New York: W W Norton & Co, 1991.
- Rodríguez Ordóñez, Jaime E. “The Struggle for Dominance: The Legislature versus the Executive in Early Mexico.” The Birth of Modern Mexico, 1780-1824. Christon I Archer, ed. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2007  P. 205-228.
- Seager, Robert II, ed. The Papers of Henry Clay, Volume 7: Secretary of State, January 1, 1828-March 4, 1829. Lexington, KY: The University Press of Kentucky, 1982.
- Temperley, H W V. “The Later American Policy of George Canning.” The American Historical Review. 11:4 (Jul 1906) 779-797.
- Whitaker, Arthur P. The United States and the Independence of Latin America, 1800-1830. New York: W W Norton & Co, 1964 .
- Willsher, Kim. “France urged to repay Haiti billions paid for its independence.” The Guardian. 15 Aug 2010. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/15/france-haiti-independence-debt. [Last Accessed: 8 Aug 2017].