The full text of the letter of 27 September 1829 from Harrison to Símon Bolívar can be found on Google Books in Samuel Jones Burr’s The Life and Times of William Henry Harrison starting on page 282.
The sources used for this episode are as follows:
- Arana, Marie. Bolivar: The Epic Life of the Man Who Liberated South America. London: Phoenix, 2014 .
- Bemis, Samuel Flagg. John Quincy Adams and the Foundations of American Foreign Policy. New York: Alfred A Knopf, 1956.
- Brands, H W. Reagan: The Life. New York: Doubleday, 2015.
- Burr, Samuel Jones. The Life and Times of William Henry Harrison. Philadelphia: L W Ransom, 1840.
- Elliott, J H. Empires of the Atlantic World: Britain and Spain in America, 1492-1830. New Haven, CT and London: Yale University Press, 2007 .
- Hall, James. A Memoir of the Public Services of William Henry Harrison of Ohio. Philadelphia, PA: Edward C Biddle, 1836.
- Niven, John. Martin Van Buren: The Romantic Age of American Politics. Newtown, CT: American Political Biography Press, 2012 .
- White, Leonard D. The Jeffersonians: A Study in Administrative History, 1801-1829. New York: Macmillan Co, 1956.