- Bailey, Thomas A. A Diplomatic History of the American People. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts, 1958 .
- Borneman, Walter R. 1812: The War That Forged a Nation. New York: HarperCollins, 2004.
- Cappon, Lester J, ed. The Adams-Jefferson Letters: The Complete Correspondence between Thomas Jefferson & Abigail & John Adams. Chapel Hill and London: University of North Carolina Press, 1988 .
- Long, David F. Nothing Too Daring: A Biography of Commodore David Porter, 1783-1843. Annapolis, MD: United States Naval Institute, 1970.
- Roosevelt, Theodore. The Naval War of 1812, or the History of the United States Navy during the Last War with Great Britain, to which is appended an account of The Battle of New Orleans: Part II. New York and London: G P Putnam’s Sons, 1900 .
- Shewmaker, Kenneth E, ed. The Papers of Daniel Webster: Diplomatic Papers, Volume 1 1841-1843. Hanover, NH and London: University Press of New England, 1983.
Intro music is a selection from gazel improvisation by Safiye Ayla with the original hosted on and available at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County website at umbc.edu