- Armstrong, Thom M. Politics, Diplomacy and Intrigue in the Early Republic: The Cabinet Career of Robert Smith, 1801-1811. Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co, 1991.
- Berton, Pierre. The Invasion of Canada, 1812-1813. Toronto: Anchor Canada, 2001 .
- Borneman, Walter R. 1812: The War That Forged a Nation. New York: HarperCollins, 2004.
- Cleaves, Freeman. Old Tippecanoe: William Henry Harrison and His Time. Newtown, CT: American Political Biography Press, 2010 .
- Elting, John R. Amateurs, To Arms! A Military History of the War of 1812. Boston: Da Capo Press, 1995 .
- McCrum, Robert; Cran, William; and MacNeil, Robert. The Story of English. New York: Viking Penguin, 1986.
- McDonald, Forrest. The Presidency of Thomas Jefferson. Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 1987 .
- Owens, Robert M. Jefferson’s Hammer: William Henry Harrison and the Origins of American Indian Policy. Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 2007.
The script for the opening scene with references for direct quotations from Borneman and Cleaves can be found at this link.
The following are the sources of sounds sampled in the making of this episode:
- “Musket Fire Sound Effect” from user CMIUC100 on YouTube
- “Morning in the Forest” from user Mr. Rain and Thunder on YouTube
- “Campfire sound ambience” from Glaneur de sons on WikiMedia
- “Indian War Sound” from user YADIELR8 on YouTube