More information, pictures, and diagrams of the layout of Berkeley Plantation can be found on the Historic American Buildings Survey listing on the Library of Congress website.
More information about historic buildings on the Hampden-Sydney College campus can be found utilizing a map layer on their campus map.
- “Biographical Memoirs of Major General William Henry Harrison.” Port Folio. 3rd Series, 5 (Apr 1815): 305-325. P. 309.
- Booraem, Hendrik, V. A Child of the Revolution: William Henry Harrison and His World, 1773-1798. Kent, OH: Kent State University Press, 2012.
- Capps, Jennifer E. “Family Group Sheet: Benjamin Harrison V The Signer.” Benjamin Harrison Historical Site, Indianapolis, IN. 9 Dec 2008. http://www.bhpsite.org/images/pdfs/bhv.pdf. Last Accessed: 20 August 2016.
- Cleaves, Freeman. Old Tippecanoe: William Henry Harrison and His Time. Newtown, CT: American Political Biography Press, 2010 .
- Dabney, Virginius. Virginia: The New Dominion. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Co, 1971
- Green, James A. William Henry Harrison: His Life and Times. Richmond, VA: Garrett and Massie, 1941.
- “About Hampden-Sydney College.” Hampden-Sydney College. http://www.hsc.edu/About-H-SC.html. Last Accessed: 20 August 2016.
- “Then and Now: Buildings of Hampden-Sydney College.” Hampden-Sydney College. http://www.hsc.edu/Museum/EAM/Then-and-Now.html. Last Accessed: 20 August 2016.
- Harrison, Benjamin. “To George Washington from Benjamin Harrison, 16 February 1781,” Founders Online, National Archives, last modified July 12, 2016, http://founders.archives.gov/documents/Washington/99-01-02-04874. Last Accessed: 20 Aug 2016.
- Historic American Buildings Survey. “Berkeley, State Route 5 vicinity, Charles City, Charles City, VA.” Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Washington, DC. http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/va0306/. Last Accessed: 14 Aug 2016.
- Kranish, Michael. Flight From Monticello: Thomas Jefferson at War. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Nettels, Curtis P. The Emergence of a National Economy 1775-1815: Volume II, The Economic History of the United States. White Plains, NY: M E Sharpe Inc, 1962.
- Owens, Robert M. Jefferson’s Hammer: William Henry Harrison and the Origins of American Indian Policy. Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 2007.